I was super excited to find I had been nominated for the Liebster Award. As a new blogger I had absolutely no idea what it was… but a bit of googling later, I discovered it is a fun award to recognise new up and coming blogs which you enjoy and want to share with others.
Now there are some serious rules to be adhered to to accept this award…
Firstly I need to thank my nominator.
Thank you Life is Knutts. Please go and visit her wonderful blog about the ups and down’s of family life. She has three lovely boys and therefore I have no idea how she manages to post such wonderful posts so regularly. She has also recently set up a facebook page called Very Parent Problems. Check it out it is hilarious!
Now I need to nominate 5 more bloggers. Please do go and have a look at their pages, I think they are all wonderful!
Annabellabooboop Who is a maker,weaver, sewer, drawer, writer and genuinely lovely creative individual.
ofsnailmailbooksandvanities This blogger is an expat SAHM who is currently living in Indonisia.
Coastal Crochet I love this crochet blog, The colours and pictures are gorgeous.
Becoming a Wild Family A lovely blog by a lady who writes about teaching her children through the ideas of unschooling and learning about their natural surroundings.
Buttercup and Bee A wonderful craft blog with really beautiful projects.
There we go, those are my nominations!
I next need to answer the 11 questions which I have been asked by Life is Knutts:
1. How did you decide on your blog title?
My blog is mostly Crochet related and ‘Hooked’ definitely describes my addiction to the craft. Also all the other good ones were taken…..
2. Where is your favourite place in the UK?
Controversially, My favourite place in the UK is my Sofa. I am a home body and love sitting on my sofa with arms filled with either my babies or copious amounts of yarn.
3. Quality Street or Roses?
Quality Street…Not sure why.
4. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be the gardener on the TV programme Blue Peter. I even wrote to Jim’ll Fix it to ask to spend a day on the show…in hind sight it was probably a good job it wasn’t accepted!
5. If you could remove someone from planet earth, who would it be and why?
This is a difficult one, I guess I am going to cop out and say all the mean people. I think kindness is grossly undervalued.
6. What is your favourite season?
Spring….Not any part of spring but the one or two perfect days we get in the UK where it is warm enough not to wear a coat but not so hot that I have to get my legs out.
7. Do you believe in Ghosts?
No…however I am the first person hiding under the duvet if I hear the tiniest noise.
8. What was your first car?
I don’t drive, I have never owned a car or even a driving license.
9. Wine or Gin?
You might as well ask me to choose between my children….!
10. Favourite film of all time?
Sleepless in Seattle…. a bit dated now but I watched at an age when the entire plot didn’t seem implausable and a bit stalkery, and therefore it reminds me of a more innocent age.
11. What is your favourite blog and why?
I love a blog called Momastery. Glennon who writes this blog, basically wants to change the world for good, and if anyone could it would be her. She is an amazing author, blogger, mother and generally beautiful human being.
Now I have to write 11 random facts about myself:
1. I was born in Manama in Bahrain
2. I am a SAHM to 3 scrummy babies
3. I once had a Nurse Nancy story published in a Twinkle magazine
4. I got kicked out of violin lessons at the age of 6 because I was sooooo bad at it….(Harsh!)
5. I crochet every day….
6. When giving birth to my second child, I tried to leave the birthing suite butt naked because I had decided that I wanted to go home….. (baby was born 8 mins later….)
7. When I was a child I was petrified of Mr Tickle, and still don’t like hanging my legs down the edge of the bed (incase he is under there!!!!!…..)
8. My favourite colour is purple.
9. I think people that don’t know what their favourite colour is are weird….
10. I look terrible in hats.
11. I used to have a long haire hamster called Rex, who lived most of the time in my pocket…
I now have to give my nominees, 11 questions to answer
1.What is your favourite colour?
2.What was the name of your first pet?
3.If you could marry any film star who would it be?
4.If you could be any animal what would you be and why?
5.What would your dream job be (doesn’t have to be realistic)?
6.If you could name yourself, what name would you give yourself?
7.What is your favourite pudding?
8.What is your favourite flower?
9.What hobbies do you have (or did have as a child)?
10. What is your favourite toast topping?
11. If you could meet anyone who had lived ever, who would it be?
That is me done. I hope my Nominees have a go and although this is a bit of work realise I nominated them because I love them.
The last rule is to post the Liebster award logo….
Whilst writing this I left Minty with Glue and Glitter…..My whole house is sparkly….